Popcorn Shrimp Tacos with Cabbage Slaw
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 30 minutes
Coleslaw mix (2 cups)
Chopped fresh cilantro (1/4 cup)
Lime juice (2 tablespoons)
Honey (2 tablespoons)
Optional: jalapeno pepper (1)
Large eggs (2)
2% milk (2 tablespoons)
AP flour (0.5 cup)
Garlic powder (1 tablespoon)
Panko Breadcrumbs (1.5 cups)
Ground cumin (1 tablespoon)
Raw Jumbo Shrimp (1 pound / 450g)
Corn tortillas (8 – 6 inches / 15 cm – reheated)
Ripe avocado (1 medium)
Cooking spray (if needed)
1. Preheat the air fryer unit to 375 Fahrenheit / 191 Celsius.
2. Remove the seeds and chop the jalapeño.
3. Mix the kale salad with cilantro, honey, lime juice, salt, and jalapeno. Set aside. Peel and remove the prawns. Peel and slice the avocado.
4. Use a shallow bowl to beat the eggs with the milk.
5. Measure and incorporate the flour into a separate shallow baking dish.
6. In a third shallow container, mix the panko with the cumin and garlic powder.
7. Dip the shrimp in the flour, shaking off the excess. Drag the shrimp into the egg mixture and pat to help the coating adhere to the panko mixture.
8. In batches, set the shrimp in a single layer in the fryer basket greased with a spritz of cooking spray.
9. Air fry until golden brown (2-3 minutes.). Turn and spray with a little spray cooking oil. Cook until the prawns are golden and pink (2-3 minutes).
10. Serve the shrimp in the tortillas with the coleslaw and avocado mix.
Net carbs: 24g