Double-Dipped Mini Cinnamon Biscuits
Preparation Time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 13 minutes
2 cups blanched almond flour
1/2 cup Swerve confectioners’-style sweetener or equivalent amount of liquid or powdered sweetener
1teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons (3/4 stick) very cold unsalted butter
1/4 cup unsweetened, unflavored almond milk
1 large egg
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
teaspoons ground cinnamon
1/2 cup Swerve confectioners’-style sweetener or equivalent amount of powdered sweetener
1/4 cup heavy cream or unsweetened, unflavored almond milk
1. Preheat the air fryer to 350F (177C). Line a pie pan that fits into your air fryer with parchment paper.
2. In a medium-sized bowl, mix together the almond flour, sweetener (if powdered; do not add liquid sweetener), baking powder, and salt. Cut the butter into 1/2-inch squares, and then use a hand mixer to work the butter into the dry ingredients.
3. In a small bowl, pour together the almond milk, egg, and vanilla extract (if using liquid sweetener, add it as well) until blended. With a fork, merge the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients until large clumps form. Attach the cinnamon and use your hands to swirl it into the dough.
4. Form the dough into sixteen 1-inch balls and place them on the prepared pan, spacing them about 1/2 inches apart. (If you’re using a smaller air fryer, work in batches if necessary.) Bake in the air fryer until golden, 10 to 13 minutes. Detach from the air fryer and let cool on the pan for at least 5 minutes.
5. While the biscuits bake, make the glaze: Place the powdered sweetener in a small bowl and slowly stir in the heavy cream with a fork.
6. When the biscuits have cooled somewhat, dip the tops into the glaze, allow it to dry a bit, and then dip again for a thick glaze.
7. Serve warm or at room temperature. Store unglazed biscuits in an airtight container in the refrigerator. Reheat in a preheated 350F (177C) air fryer for 5 minutes, or until warmed through, and dip in the glaze as instructed above.
Net Carbs: 7g