Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 1 hour
11/4 cups blanched almond flour
11/4 cups grated Parmesan or Gouda cheese
1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
1large egg, beaten
1/2 cup chicken or beef broth
1 cup shredded Swiss cheese
4 ounces (113 g) cream cheese (1/2 cup)
1 tablespoon unsalted butter, melted
4 large eggs, beaten
1/3 cup minced leeks or sliced green onions
3/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
Chopped green onions, for garnish
1. Preheat the air fryer to 325F (163C). Grease a pie pan. Set two large pieces of parchment paper with avocado oil and set them on the countertop.
2. Set the crust: In a medium-sized bowl, combine the flour, cheese, and salt and mix well. Attach the egg and mix until the dough is well combined and stiff.
3. Place the dough in the center of one of the greased pieces of parchment. Top with the other piece of parchment. Roll out the dough.
4. Press the pie crust into the prepared pie pan. Place it in the air fryer and bake for 12 minutes, or until it starts to lightly brown.
5. While the crust bakes, make the filling: In a large bowl, combine the broth, Swiss cheese, cream cheese, and butter. Stir in the eggs, leeks, salt, and cayenne pepper. When the crust is processed, pour the mixture into the crust.
6. Place the quiche in the air fryer and bake for 15 minutes. Turn the heat down to 300F (149C) and bake for an additional 30 minutes.
7. Allow the quiche to cool for 10 minutes before garnishing it with chopped green onions and cutting it into wedges.
Net Carbs: 4g