Sicilian-Style Chicken Cacciatore
Preparation Time: 6 minutes
Cooking Time: 1 hour
Four chicken thighs
Two tablespoons of extra-virgin olive oil
Three celery stalks, chopped
½ red onion, finely chopped
½ cup of fresh mushrooms, sliced
Six garlic cloves, peeled and minced
1 (14-ounce) can of Italian diced tomatoes
Two teaspoons of herbes de Provence
3 cups of homemade low-sodium chicken stock
1 (6-ounce) can of tomato paste
½ cup of red wine
One teaspoon of fine sea salt
One teaspoon of freshly cracked black pepper
Fresh cilantro, chopped
1. Press the “Sauté” function on your Instant Pot and add the olive oil. Once hot, add the chicken thighs and cook for 6 minutes per side or until brown. Put the chicken to a plate lined with paper towels.
2. Add the chopped mushrooms, celery and onions to your Instant Pot. Sauté for 5 minutes or until softened, stirring occasionally.
3. Add the chicken to your Instant Pot along with the stewed tomatoes, red wine and tomato paste.
4. Sprinkle herbes de Provence, sea salt and black pepper.
5. Add the chicken stock and lock the lid. Cook at high pressure for 15 minutes. When the cooking is done, naturally release the pressure and remove the lid.
6. Transfer to serving plates and top with fresh cilantro. Serve and enjoy!
Net Carbs: 8g