Taco Tuesday Fried Avocado Lettuce Wraps
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 10 minutes
For Spicy Mayonnaise
1/2 cup vegan mayonnaise
2 teaspoons gochujang
1teaspoon fresh lime juice
1/8 teaspoon salt
2 medium Roma tomatoes, cored, seeded, and diced
1/4 cup peeled and finely diced red onion
2 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
1tablespoon fresh lime juice
1 teaspoon fresh lime zest
1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
1 teaspoon salt
For Avocado Fries
Egg substitute equaling
1 large egg
2 tablespoons unsweetened almond milk
1cup almond flour
1/4 cup ground flaxseed
1 large avocado, peeled, halved, pitted, and cut into 12 “fries”
For Lettuce Wraps
6 large leaves iceberg lettuce
1cup coleslaw mix (shredded cabbage and carrot)
1. To make Spicy Mayonnaise: In a small bowl, combine all ingredients and refrigerate covered until ready to use.
2. To make Salsa: In a medium bowl, combine all ingredients and refrigerate covered until ready to use.
3. To make Avocado Fries: Preheat air fryer at 375°F for 3 minutes.
4. Whisk together egg substitute and almond milk in a small bowl. Combine almond flour and flaxseed in a separate shallow dish.
5. Dip avocado fries in egg substitute mixture. Dredge in almond flour mixture to coat.
6. Place half of avocado fries in ungreased air fryer basket. Cook 5 minutes, and then transfer to a large serving plate. Repeat cooking with remaining avocado fries.
7. To make Lettuce Wraps: Add two avocado fries to each lettuce wrap. Top with coleslaw mix, spicy mayonnaise, and salsa. Serve immediately.
Net Carbohydrates: 12g