Preparation Time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 15 minutes
2 (7-oz.) cod fillets
Salt and ground black pepper, as required
1/4 teaspoon sesame oil
1 cup water
5 little squares rock sugar
5 tablespoons light soy sauce
1 teaspoon dark soy sauce
2 scallions (green part), sliced
1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
3 tablespoons olive oil
5 ginger slices
1. Season each cod fillet evenly with salt, and black pepper and drizzle with sesame oil.
2. Set aside at room temperature for about 15-20 minutes.
3. Dip the fish fillets into egg and then, coat with the breadcrumb’s mixture.
4. Choose “Power Button” of Air Fry Oven and turn the dial to select the “Air Fry” mode.
5. Choose the Time button and again turn the dial to set the cooking time to 12 minutes.
6. Now press the Temp button and rotate the dial to set the temperature at 355 degrees F.
7. Press “Start/Pause” button to start.
8. When the unit beeps to show that it is preheated, open the lid.
9. Arrange the cod fillets in greased “Air Fry Basket” and insert in the oven.
10. Meanwhile, in a small pan, attach the water and bring it to a boil.
11. Add the rock sugar and both soy sauces and cook until sugar is dissolved, stirring continuously.
12. Remove from the heat and set aside.
13. Remove the cod fillets from oven and transfer onto serving plates.
14. Top each fillet with scallion and cilantro.
15. In a small frying pan, warmth the olive oil over medium heat and sauté the ginger slices for about 2-3 minutes.
16. Remove the frying pan from heat and discard the ginger slices. Carefully, pour the hot oil evenly over cod fillets.
17. Top with the sauce mixture and serve.
Protein 38.3 g
Carbs: 1.3 g